Definition of cabinet
What is the definition of "cabinet"?
1. An upright, cupboardlike repository with shelves, drawers, or compartments for the safekeeping or display of objects.
2. Computer Science The box that houses the main components of a computer, such as the central processing unit, disk drives, and expansion slots.
3. A body of persons appointed by a head of state or a prime minister to head the executive departments of the government and to act as official advisers.
4. Archaic A small or private room set aside for a specific activity.
5. Rhode Island & Southeastern Massachusetts See milk shake. See Regional Note at milk shake.
Use "cabinet" in a sentence
"(_Moving to cabinet, puts curtains and work-box on top of cabinet_.)"
"And, his appointment as Minister of National Defence and Veterans Affairs on October 4, 1996, illustrates that the reward for a job well done in cabinet is more often the awarding of an even greater challenge than what was met in the past."
"Above the cabinet is my snake mask I bought in Bhutan, my ladies 'wig for those late nights clubbing, and a heavy-duty plastic skull my dad picked up in medical school."
Words like "cabinet" (synonyms)
How to Say "cabinet" in:
- Spanish: cabinet
- German: cabinet
- French: cabinet
- Mandarin: cabinet
- Japanese: cabinet
Words Like cabinet
NEARBY & RELATED ENTRIES
- pie safe