Definition of cabbage
What is the definition of "cabbage"?
1. Any of several forms of a European vegetable (Brassica oleracea var. capitata) of the mustard family, having a globose head consisting of a short stem and tightly overlapping green to purplish leaves.
2. Any of several similar or related plants, such as Chinese cabbage.
3. The terminal bud of several species of palm, eaten as a vegetable.
4. Slang Money, especially in the form of bills.
5. Informal Sweetheart; dear. Used as a term of endearment.
Use "cabbage" in a sentence
"Well, the plain cabbage is now used up, so tomorrow I go cross town to buy a Savoy and make the raised cabbage pies."
"Napa cabbage is my favorite food, at least some days."
"It tastes really good, though the cabbage is a tad overcooked (I don't mind, since I like cabbage)."
Words like "cabbage" (synonyms)
How to Say "cabbage" in:
- Spanish: cabbage
- German: cabbage
- French: cabbage
- Mandarin: cabbage
- Japanese: cabbage
Words Like cabbage
NEARBY & RELATED ENTRIES
- cabbage palm