Definition of babble
What is the definition of "babble"?
1. To utter a meaningless confusion of words or sounds: Babies babble before they can talk.
2. To talk foolishly or idly; chatter: "In 1977 [he] was thought of as crazy because he was babbling about supply side” ( Newt Gingrich).
3. To make a continuous low, murmuring sound, as flowing water.
1. To utter rapidly and indistinctly.
2. To blurt out impulsively; disclose without careful consideration.
Use "babble" in a sentence
"I am sick of these women and their right win babble talk."
"The babble is inane, but its heart is in the right place."
"The outcome of her babble is either incoherent or a blatant lie."
Words like "babble" (synonyms)
How to Say "babble" in:
- Spanish: babble
- German: babble
- French: babble
- Mandarin: babble
- Japanese: babble
Words Like babble
NEARBY & RELATED ENTRIES